The Methodist Church is looking for two Archives Volunteers to help with the preparation of the Methodist Missionary Society collections before their transfer to a permanent repository.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Physical preparation: removing clips and staples, repackaging documents, organising records within the boxes
- Weeding: looking for duplicates, removing material according to agreed rules
- Listing: creating box lists for different categories of records
Personal qualities required:
- Interest in history or archives
- Attention to detail
- Computer literacy; data inputting
- Understanding of Data Protection rules
- Ability to lift boxes and volumes
Work will be supervised and supported by the two Project Archivists.
We ask that volunteers commit to one day a week (5 to 6 hours of work, preferably not Wednesdays). The position would suit someone in the London area as it will be based at The Methodist Church House (25 Marylebone Rd, London, NW1 5JR). Transport expenses will be reimbursed.
If you are interested in volunteering in this role, please send a brief statement to email@example.com explaining why you would like to be involved in the project along with the days you would be able to come in.