The Society has an active programme of publishing which includes an annual journal with articles on archive arrangement, preservation and use as well as on wider archival and historical topics. Catholic Archives 38:2018 was sent to all members in May 2018 and is available for non-members to purchase.
There is also an annual Bulletin that includes reports on the Society’s meetings, past and future special events and other matters of interest to members.
Other publications are advice leaflets and occasional papers that consider matters of archival management in detail. The Society aims to issue one each of these other publications annually. The publications are sent to members as part of their annual subscription and also are available for non-members to purchase. The advice leaflets are free to download from our website. Our most recent Occasional Paper is Artefacts in the Archive: Caring for Objects in Your Archive.
If you are producing a publication for the Society, please see our Guidelines for propective contributors.
Eric Gill: Work is Sacred
A new book exploring the influence of Catholicism on the art and thought of Eric Gill
- The Eric Gill Collection at Chichester Timothy J. McCann
- Eric Gill’s conversion: a key document in Ditchling Museum Joe Cribb
- Posters in the Eric Gill Collection at the University of Notre Dame John Sherman
- Conversion by Commission: Eric Gill and the Westminster Stations Naomi Billingsley
- Prospero and Ariel or God the Father and God the Son? Eric Gill and the meaning and making of the BBC sculptures Ruth Cribb
- Eric Gill in Manchester Martin J. Broadley
- Chasing the provenance of Eric Gill’s wooden Stations of the Cross Michael Curran FSC
- ‘A Canopy over and Altar’: Eric Gill’s church if St Peter, Gorleston, Norfolk Andrew Derrick
Published in 2013 by the Catholic Archives Society in association with Koinonia Press ISBN 9 780860 880462 Price £15 plus £1.78 p&p
This beautiful volume has been circulated to all full members and is also available for non-members to purchase.
For more information please contact the Journal Editor