These are produced at intervals and in the past have usually been prepared by members.
Proposed topics for forthcoming advice leaflets and occasional papers include the care of artefacts and photographs. Suggestions for new topics from members are always gratefully received.
Here are our Guidelines for prospective contributors.
Occasional papers can be purchased from the Society and the advice leaflets are free to download from our website.
Available to purchase
- Back numbers of Catholic Archives, 1-17 (1981-2011): £5.00
- Index to Catholic Archives, 1-12 (1981-1992): £3.00
- Index to Catholic Archives, 13-22 (1993-2002), edited by D.Smallwood, 2003: £4.00
- Mission and Memory: Methodist and Roman Catholic Perspectives on Archives as Tools for Evangelism, William Johnstone, 2019: £6.00
- Church Archives: the pastoral function of Church Archives and Archives in Canon Law, produced by the Pontifical Commission for the Cultural Heritage of the Church, edited by Reverend S. Foster, 2nd edition, 2001: £3.00. This document is also free to download from the Vatican website.
- Church Museums: the pastoral function of Church Museums, produced by the Pontifical Commission for the Cultural Heritage of the Church, edited by Reverend S. Foster, 2002: £4.00
- Reflections on Catholic Archives, edited by Robin Gard, 2002: £4.00
- Archival cataloguing standards and information technology, Paul Shaw, 2004: £3.00
- The care and administration of parish records, Paul Shaw, 2007: £4.00
- Archive principles and practice, Elizabeth Semper O’Keefe, 2008: £4.00
- General sources for family history research: advice for Catholic archivists, Maureen Fitzgibbon, 2010: £3.00
- Disaster Planning, Tamara Thornhill, 2011: £4.00
- Eric Gill: Work is Sacred, edited by Martin John Broadley: £15
- Artefacts in the Archive: caring for objects in your archive, Emma Buckler, 2014: £4
- Introduction to Records Management, by Clare Walsh, Sarah Maspero and Margaret Harcourt Williams, December 2017: £5,
For details of Orders, Posting and Discounts click here.
Free to download
If you have trouble downloading any of our documents please try downloading the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader or contact the Hon.Secretary to be sent a copy.